Thursday 20 January 2011

Learning English - What the students say!


What a busy week I’ve been having ... and this is why I love my job!  Setting up* any business requires a bit of research and that’s what I’ve been doing the last few weeks. I’ve been speaking to folk* from all over the world - from China to Brazil, from Spain to Russia! So, first off, a BIG thank you to everyone who took the time to speak to me. 
I asked YOU, as in everyone who is learning English, to tell me about your experiences, the good and the bad. I asked you what kind of things you do to study and maintain you English and what you expect from an English teacher. 

The feedback has been fantastic. Over the next few weeks, I’m going to publish short articles on my blog with YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS and THOUGHTS about learning English. There are lots of tips and tricks* that I think you’ll all benefit from*.  
If you want to get in touch with me* to share your experiences, leave here your:

SKYPE ID
COUNTRY 
ENGLISH LEVEL
and I’ll call you soon. I’ll also give you some feedback on your spoken English.

Glossary
to set up a business = Set up (phrasal verb) has the idea of establishing a business for the first time. The expression set yourself up in business means start a business on your own.
folk = people in general
tips and tricks = advice, suggestions, clever practices or the art or knack of doing something skillfully
benefit from = to gain advantage, to make improvement 
get in touch with me = contact me



No comments: