Monday 27 April 2015

Phrasal Verbs - B1 homework

  • I heard a strange noise from my bike, but I kept on cycling
  • After few km I couldn't shift gears because the shiftgear broke down 
  • After A few kms I couldn't shift gears because the shift gear HAD brokeN down 
  • Tomorrow I will take it to the mechanic, I hope to get it back soon
  • I lost my notes, they turned up only after the exam.
  • Mario is never on time, He make up some excuses every times.
  • Mario is never on time, He makeS up some excuses every time.

  1. The cash machine is broken down. Could lend me € 100? I'll pay you back tomorrow.
  2. The cash machine HAS broken down. Could lend me € 100? I'll pay you back tomorrow.
  1. Have you ever looked after a pet? Yes, I look after the neighbours cat when they are away
  2. Have you ever looked after a pet? Yes, I looked after the neighbour’s cat when they are away
  1. Why didn't you come to Barbara's birthday? My car broke down and I had to call the car mechanic and wait until 11 pm
  1. If you ask for the bill in a restaurant and it is a bit pricey, how do you do? I call the waiter and I ask for explanations
  2. If you asked for the bill in a restaurant and it WAS a bit pricey, WHAT WOULD you do? I’d call the waiter and I ask for AN explanation


5) How did you celebrate your degree? I took my parents and friends out for a dinner

No comments: