Wednesday 3 July 2013

Conversation Class Lesson Notes 2/7/2013

Great job organising the surprise parties! We were really hungover this morning ... which means the party was a success ;)

Here is some language that we looked at:

I'm dying to do something = I'd love to do something
I'm dying to see the new James Bond film

Picky = choosy
I like all kinds of food; I'm not picky!

Grab = get something quickly
I only have half an hour for lunch, so I'll just grab a sandwich.

Split the bill = go Dutch
Let's split the bill!

No big deal = I don't mind; it's not so important
I can't go out tonight.
No big deal. I'll see you next week

To treat someone to something i.e dinner or food = to buy it for them as a gift
You've worked so hard on that project, so I'll treat you to dinner


Question Tags
You're Italian, aren't you?
You live in Florence, don't you?


Remember:

I'm going to a dinner party.
I'm going out to dinner or I'm going out for dinner.
I'm having a dinner party tonight.
I went to dinner last night.
I went out for dinner last night.

Not: I had a dinner



No comments: